North Muskegon Public Schools
at North Muskegon are expected to:
- Attend school on a regular basis.
- Follow rules and regulations in
the approved discipline policy.
- Complete all homework assignments
(45 min.-2 hr. per evening).
- Dress in accordance with the
- Strive to achieve expectations at
the level of their ability.
of North Muskegon are expected to:
their children by assisting with school work and participating in school
transportation to and from school on time.
The school will not provide transportation for non-district
attendees. Parents are expected to drop
off and pick-up students.
of Class Dismissal
Elementary 7:55 a.m. 3:10
School 7:45 a.m. 2:45 p.m.
4. North Muskegon Elementary operates two unique Kindergarten programs, the Discovery Kindergarten and the Kindergarten. The district assesses all Kindergarten age students to determine which program would best suit a child's need and will make a recommendation for placement in either Discovery Kindergarten or Kindergarten to the child's parents based upon that assessment. Applying for Kindergarten does not guarantee placement in the Kindergarten section.
Families who have
read and agree with these expectations and wish to apply, should complete one online
form per child no later than Friday, May 26, 2017.
- Failure to meet these agreements
may result in ineligibility for either first time or continued schools of
- Enrollment may be denied to a
student who has been suspended from, expelled from, truant from or asked
to leave another school district.
entering grades 10-12, who transfer by choice from one school to another, will
not be eligible to participate in interscholastic athletics for one full
semester under the MHSAA transfer policy.
(The date for this is Martin Luther King day in January). Therefore, students would be ineligible for
Fall and Winter sports.