The primary goal of North Muskegon Public Schools Nutrition Services Department is to provide students and adults with delicious, well-balanced breakfast and lunch options in a safe, cheerful, and caring atmosphere. Customer satisfaction is very important to us.
North Muskegon Public Schools operates within the guidelines of the USDA National School Meals Program. The Nutrition Services program is self-funding, which means we operate within a planned food service budget and do not use any general fund monies from the district.
What can my child expect at meal time? Meals are priced as a combo which includes a protein item, whole grain item, 100% fruit juice, fresh or canned fruit in juice, green salad and other fresh vegetables and milk. To receive combo meal pricing and so NMPS receives much needed federal reimbursement monies for the meal your child should:
Eating foods from each of the food groups is the only way to assure students are receiving all essential nutrients.
- Choose at least one serving of fresh vegetables, fruits and fruit juice
- Choose at least 2 more food items from the menu, such as:
- a protein item (i.e., chicken, hamburger) or protein alternate (i.e., yogurt, cheese)
- a whole grain item (i.e., dinner roll, bun, pizza crust)
- 1% white milk or fat-free chocolate milk (provided by County Dairy in New Era)
Michell Liegeois - Nutrition Services Director
1600 Mills Ave
North Muskegon, MI 49445
Phone - 231-719-4145
Kitchen Production Manager: