NMPS – Safe, Caring, and Orderly
February 1, 2013
Director of Student Affairs
Our girls JV & Varsity basketball teams play home next week versus Fremont Providence on Friday
Our 9th grade boys play the Fremont Packers at home Tuesday; tip-off @ 4:00 PM
Our NM/RP co-op hockey team is having a great season; check them out next Wednesday vs. the Rangers of Forest Hills Central. The puck drops at 7:00 @ Lakeshore Sports Centre.
High School Spring Term Update
1) Our Spring Course Descriptions are posted under the “Students” tab on our NMPS website .
2) Monday, February 4 -- One HS class registers at a time (in Flex Classroom )
3) Each registering student receives a hard copy Spring Student Schedule as they enter.
4) 6 tables for the 6 hours available will be set-up. Each table will have sign-up sheets for the courses offered during that hour at that table.
5) One monitor (NM faculty) per table. Only monitors can write/record student names on each table’s course sign-up sheets. As students are added to a course list by a table monitor, they record on their own Spring Student Schedule. Students turn in their schedule to one of the monitors before they exit.
6) We will then use the submitted Student Spring Schedules and input into PowerSchool, make Master Schedule adjustments, print and hand Spring Schedules out to our HS students by mid-February.
Please contact Mr. Belmonte with questions and/or concerns
Ø We are well are on way through our Winter Term; if you have not recently done so, please take the time to check your student’s progress in all of their courses and contact our NM teachers with your questions and/or concerns. We have the best teachers in the county and their power to educate our NM students increases mightily with frequent two-way communication between home and school.
Ø Also, please remind our MS/HS students to refrain from roaming our elementary halls after the MS/HS school day is over. We ask that the older students stay in our MS/HS building until 3:15.
Hopefully we do not have any “less-than-punctual” NM students Monday morning. Watch the whole game if you must (the 49’ers are going to beat the Ravens by halftime anyway), but be sure to set the alarm to extra loud and be on time! After all, even more exciting than the Sunday Super Bowl, is our Monday Spring Term Registration Extravaganza!